The following is a list of office policies and procedures. We encourage all clients to read through these policies before their first appointment.
- If you need to reschedule or cancel a scheduled appointment, please provide 24-hours advance notice, or you will be charged a no-show fee for 1/2 the amount of the session. If you are paying with a gift certificate, it will become forfeit. Those who are paying with a voucher will be required to pay the remainder of the fee.
- Illness and emergencies will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you need to cancel an appointment due to illness or emergency, please call to avoid being charged a no-show fee.
- If you are running late, please contact us to let us know. You may or may not be able to push your appointment time back depending on the client load for the day.
- Payment may be made in the form of cash, check, or credit card. We accept Visa and Mastercard.
- If you choose to pay with cash, please use exact change
- Payment is expected at the end of your appointment or when you buy a series unless we have discussed other arrangements
- Any returned checks for insufficient funds will incur a $25 processing fee
- If you choose to cancel a series, you must provide written or verbal notice.
- You will receive a refund for any unused sessions on your series, however, you forfeit the discounted fee, and must pay the full amount for all previous sessions.
- Any remaining balance is due at cancellation, or you will receive an invoice.
- If you are a smoker, please refrain from smoking for at least an hour before your session, due to a serious allergy.
- Please silence your cell phone during the session, unless we have discussed leaving it on for specific reasons.
- As a courtesy to our other clients who may have allergies, please refrain from wearing things that are heavily scented, especially those with artificial fragrances.
- If you are receiving Myofascial Release Therapy please refrain from applying lotions or oils to your skin. See FAQ
- We believe in respecting the time of each of our clients. Please schedule your appointment when you can arrive on time. Your massage time begins and ends at the scheduled time.
- Please note, that if you are a new client, you will need to arrive 10-15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to fill out paperwork and complete a short intake. If you do not arrive early enough to fill out the paperwork, the time it takes will be taken out of your massage.
Informed Consent and Client Agreement:
- The massage therapist will only use those techniques within her scope of practice which she deems appropriate for your treatment.
- Massage therapy is strictly therapeutic and therefore strictly non-sexual.
- If you behave inappropriately during the session, the massage therapist has the right to end the massage, and you will be charged the full amount for the appointment. Charges may be pressed depending on the severity of the behavior.
- While therapeutic, massage and MFR is not a replacement for medical care, diagnosis, or treatment.
- Some kinds of bodywork may be inappropriate for certain medical conditions, and you should inform the therapist of your medical history to the best of your knowledge. If you omit anything that leads to negative results, it is your responsibility and not that of the therapist.
4646 Princess Anne Rd #103 Virginia Beach, VA 23464 757-375-8405